The Shop in San Bruno was started in 2005, by owner Matthel Ma. He attended San Jose State University to obtain a Business Management degree. In a twist of fate, he missed many of his classes due to a bout of food poisoning and a surgery infection. This caused him to fail his courses. He was forced to completely abandon that degree and switch gears. He then went on to pursue the T-Ten automotive program in Skyline college in '01 and four years later, he opened up The Shop in San Bruno. It is currently going on the 11th year of business.
The Shop specializes in Japanese and European performance and maintenance. We do general auto repairs to aftermarket performance as well as tires/alignments. The Shop works with OEM and aftermarket companies to bring you what you want at reasonable prices.
- 1993 Mazda RX-7 LS7
- 2013 Ford Raptor
- 2012 Honda Grom
- 2000 Nissan Maxima
- 2003 Ford Crown Vic P71
- ASE Certified
- Skyline College Toyota T-Ten Program Graduate
- 3 years Firestone sales
- 2 years Toyota dealership
- 10+ years shop owner
- "Cars, guns, off roading, exploring new places, investing, Craigslisting, and umm... eating."
- 1993 Honda Civic EG hatch B16
- ASE Certified
- Evergreen Honda Auto Program
- 2 years auto dealership
- 8 years independent auto shop
- "Cars, eating, sleeping... those are fun things to do... motorcycles and cars."
- 2000 Chevy Blazer
- 1960s Beetle with STI motor
- 8 years at an independent auto shop
- "I love jet skiing, RC cars, skateboarding, and bicycling, lol"
- 1989 BMW E30 325IS
- 1998 BMW E36 M3
- E30 M3
- Skyline auto program
- 1 year auto shop experience
- "Drinking, working on cars, going out, Craigslisting."